BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday 12 November 2010

Possible Cover and Inlay

Front Cover 1 or Inside Cover 1:

The above, could be used for the inside cover as it would not be suitable for the front as the artists are not looking at the camera causing it difficult to see their faces. For a debut album, especially, the artists should get as much exposure as they can so it can be clear for the audience who the artists are. If I decide to release this album as the band's second album for example, I could use this as the album cover if the album as it would not be debuting. The image of the boys not looking directly at the camera would then be suitable for the cover as they would be already identified by the audience. By taking advantage of what was around me, I thought it would be quite humourous to have the band stand under a sign warning people to mind their head, of course I told the band 'not to mind their head', causing a sense of rebellion as they are teenagers after all.

Front Cover 2 or Inside Cover 2:


I though this picture was the best for the front cover, as it is so colourful yet dark. The contrast between the two reflects my 'Lollipop' video, where bright costumes are complemented by a dark environment and setting. The title I though could go at the top in front the threes. In this way, the branches may be covered slightly but the colour of the sky would illuminate through. I made this by changing the hue of the sky, to make a alien like/meteor shower skyline. I then selec
ted the buildings either side and on a separate layer, I changed the brightness and contrast to darken them to go with the night time theme. I also changed the hue of the wooden panels on the left building from a dull brown to indigo. To make sure the windows were reflecting the right colour of the sky, I selected just the windows and changed their hue to match the sky colours. Lastly I selected the foreground (the boys) to change their brightness and contrast on a another layer. For finishing touches I used the clone tool to clean up the edges around the boys, and used the blur tool to give them an airbrushed look.

Front Cover 3 or Inside Cover 3:

Another possible cover of the boys against a rock climbing wall. It is more colourful than the above, as no sky or sense of day light showing. I started off with three different images, then cropped them all before pasting them into a separate transparent canvas. From using the original images, I selected the part I wanted to overlap on to the neighbouring image to make it look as if they are in the frame but not quite out their own as a whole. I then realised the outline of the person on the wall was red (as same as the middle image), so I changed the hue and saturation of it and changed the colour to green.

Inlay showing the girl band feature on 'Lollipop' song:


I have chosen a name for this girl band which is, 'Acrylic Kisses'. The name was found on amiright.com. I like the composition of this photo, where the girls are standing on the right while there is much background on the left representing an urban scene of which my video captures. To ensure the girls are not overshadowed by the colourful background, the dark colours they wear cause them to stand out against the background. There is now even exposure of both them and the colourful background. I used taaz.com to enhance the girls makeup creating redder lips, and heavier makeup than they originally wore for the photo shoot. I also changed the colour of their hair, making one's more solid and darker (the left girl) and for the girl on the right, browner with more shine. The ground looked slightly gray, so I changed the contrast to make it darker. While for the overall image, I changed the contrast and brightness levels to give a professional photo finish.

0 comments: