BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday 13 November 2010

Feedback from the Rough Cut

The feedback I received from the class:

The Good Points:

  • Good use of visual effects
  • My piece works well with odd shots of the body e.g. the shot of the boy looking up at the camera after falling
  • The footage of the dancing in the studio which had shadows - it was good how I scaled the footage to show the shadows while showing a little bit of the dancer doing the moves
  • The footage cuts to the beat of the music
  • The continuity of the dancing was good how it goes from studio to street
  • The corridor shots were effective and looked good
  • The 'let me show if that's okay' sequence was good
Things to Improve:
  • Some of the lip syncing was off with the music
  • One of the girls is better than the other with the lip syncing
  • One particular boy and girl need to improve the lip syncing
  • More choreographed dancing from the girls would be good to add in

I plan to reshoot the lip syncing at another location, possibly somewhere local as I understand that is the most important to improve on. While I am re-shooting this, I will film more choreographed dancing. I could then consider cutting this dance footage in one of the female choruses of the song.

0 comments: