BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Final Cut effect tests

With the footage we used for the 'sharks' task, I had played around with the frames, by using the razor tool and sectioning few frames. Once I had done this I duplicated the frames and made one faster (by 150%), and the other I kept the same speed but had reversed it. I then watched it over and felt it was still too slow, so I sped up the whole section making it 170% faster than the original speed. This gave a more 'jerky' effect than it was before. As there is no set effect in Final Cut, I cannot apply it to footage automatically. Instead I have to manually cut frames, alter the speed and put the frames back to try and achieve the effect in Rihanna's Disturbia video.



I have tried to achieve the effect with another clip, this time, by using the razor tool by se
ctioning the clip, then speeding one part to 250%, then the next part to 150%, then next to 120% and then back to 250% and so on. It gave a more smooth jerky effect than the clip above as I did not have any reversed frames in between the normal clips (only at the end had I reversed all the clips and added it to the end).


0 comments: